Simple. Sensible. Natural.
As a university-qualified nutritionist and passionate cook, I love helping people make simple changes and educating about real nutrition, not the latest celebrity diet.
I can teach you how to turn traditional or unhealthy recipes into nutritious meals and enjoy real, quality, whole foods and simple snacks..
I know how busy life can be and will develop sessions and programs to suit. Not all of us have the time to cook meals every day but we all have time to eat better and take care of ourselves.
- Choose plenty of whole foods, fresh fruit & vegetables, fish, legumes, grass fed beef, free-range eggs and local produce where possible. It’s better for the environment, more nutritious AND quality ingredients speak for themselves, meaning less work in the kitchen for you.
- Superfoods are fun and can be really tasty, but their definition is a bit vague and is often a fantastic marketing ploy by manufacturers. Some are worth it and some are just hype. You’ll find some ‘superfoods’ in recipes but the focus is on whole and nourishing foods, whether or not they’re considered ‘super’.
- The anti-sugar debate rages on and while there is plenty of evidence to cut back on added and processed sugars, natural sugars found in fruit and vegetables is different and should not be eliminated. Not all sweets are the enemy and there are fantastic ways to turn traditional treats into healthier, less guilty pleasures. I show you how.
- Always choose minimally processed, natural ingredients. Our bodies aren’t designed to eat industrially produced substances so being more aware of additives is important but shouldn’t rule your life.
- Exercise is important, but nutrition is everything. Weight loss or maintenance is 80% diet so we must focus on creating life-long habits to prevent weight gain.
If you’d like a personalised approach, contact me to find out more.