When hunger strikes it’s tempting to reach for the easiest, fattest, sweetest thing imaginable. Your brain is telling you it needs (or wants) immediate satisfaction but in reality these foods will leave you feeling flat a short while after.
Keep a few of these items in easy access so you’re prepared next time you’re reaching for a snack.
Some Snack Ideas
- Hard boiled eggs (try boiling a batch at the start of the week)
- Apple (or sliced apple with a little peanut/almond butter)
- Rice thins with avocado & tomato (add smoked salmon or boiled egg if super hungry)
- Frozen grapes or oranges (keep them in the freezer, they’re great for kids too)
- Small squares of fried haloumi cheese on rounds of sliced cucumber (try adding hummus)
- Hard boiled egg on Cruskit with tomato & avocado
- Carrot sticks & hummus
- 150g low fat plain Greek yoghurt with berries
- Handful of nuts
- Small smoothie (try making your smoothies on water to cut back on unnecessary kilojoules)
Image via Incredible Egg. For tips on boiling the perfect egg, click here.